Thursday, July 7, 2011

Grand Theft Auto 4

This game is nothing but trouble. Firstly, it's 16 gigs. I tried to bootleg it, and the game crashed and was hell to get running the first time. After installing the patch, the game still ran like crap. Finally I bought it on sale thinking it was just a bad bootleg version.
Firstly, it took about 8 hours to download from Steam.

I hate games trying to install Microsoft Visual C+++ 2005, every time, whether or not it is already installed. (what the hell is this, and why do I need it? The game runs exactly the same with or without it)
I hate games trying to install DirectX, every time, whether or not it is already installed.
I hate having to install Rockstar Social Club.
I hate being asked to register for Rockstar Social Club, which I deny every time.
I hate having to install Microsoft Games for Windows.
I hate being asked to register for Microsoft Games for Windows.
I hate being asked to register my serial with Microsoft Games for Windows, this was another huge pain because it opened a new window and then asked to install Silverlight, which I declined. Use Flash or something like that, or hell, use MICROSOFT GAMES FOR WINDOWS for your stupid interface, why do you need MORE software installed on the computer? BITE ME!
I hate how it asks me to update Games for Windows WHILE in the game, and then being asked to exit the game and restart Windows.
I hate how you are forced to save your game online, I want the option to save them on my computer.
I hate how they think you use an Xbox controller on your computer. I don't, and I don't know the layout, so quit telling me to press the A button.
I hate how they added a bunch of extra controls. That would be fine if they let you put some of the buttons as the same buttons on the keyboard, or if they let you leave it unmapped, but they are so damn picky about having a button for EVERYTHING.
I don't like how the GPS doesn't zoom in or out, depending on your speed.
After all of that, the game wouldn't even go past the menu, it crashed.
THEN Steam decides to download the patch AFTER installing and starting the game once. Normally, it downloads patches FIRST.
All of this on top of Steam.

I just want to install a game and play it! Don't make me register for 2 more services just to play a game! Having Steam is enough! Steam is perfectly capable of saving the games online.

I hate how slow the mouse cursor moves on the menu screen. It moves like a damn slug. WHEN YOU CHANGE THE THE MOUSE SENSITIVITY IN THE OPTIONS, CHANGE IT FOR THE MENU AS WELL!

Finally, after all my pain and torment (that is normally associated with making a bootleg game work), the game runs like crap. I lower everything to the lowest setting, and it still runs like crap. I can play Source engine games and Bioshock perfectly, so why not GTA4? Even Duke Nukem Forever runs and looks better! It still has a ton of issues, but not as bad as GTA4! God!

Let's take a look at recommended system setup:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
(I have Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66)
Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) 2.5GB (Windows Vista)
(I have 4GB DDR3)
Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870
(I have 1 GIG ATI 6820)

No comments:

Post a Comment