Friday, August 6, 2010

Intel Desktop Board DP45SG audio issues

If you, like me, have this board "Intel Desktop Board DP45SG" you might have problems playing audio through the back or front panel's analog output. The sound will cut out every few seconds if the volume is too loud. I've found, though a search on Google, that other people have this problem too. I don't use the front panel, so as suggested by others, I unplugged the connector from my motherboard, and the sound comes out right.

I talked to a live chat person on the Intel site, and he said I might have the wrong connector connected. You can connect either AC97 or HD to the motherboard, and I had AC97 connected. He said contact the chassis manufacturer to know which one to connect. I suggested they add this issue to their support section on their website, but the live chatter suggested that this page is publicly here for everyone to see:
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-015851.htm

Without drivers installed, the analog out works fine, but you can't use the optical out at all. Somehow I doubt they are going to update their drivers to deal with the issue.

Update: They have updated the drivers, but I have no idea what they've changed, and I'm not trying it anytime soon as I've already unplugged all the wires from the motherboard. I can't find any kind of change log, so be my guest and try them yourself:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=2932&DwnldID=19282&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss

No comments:

Post a Comment